Family Feud SA: Battle of the airwaves as 947 face-off Kaya FM in efforts to raise funds for a charity drive
For the fifth episode of Family Feud, which airs on e.tv this Sunday 3rd of May, host Steve Harvey is joined by radio personalities DJ Fresh, Mantsoe Tsatsi, Skhumba, David O’Sullivan and many others who add a huge dose of entertainment while raising funds for their charities.
The battle between the stations 947 and Kaya FM this week will see these radio personalities pitting themselves against each other in a bid to see how much money they can raise for their charities of choice.
The 947 led by the big dawg and radio presenter DJ Fresh puts their support behind the Lambano Sanctuary, which was founded on the vision of Melanie Prinsloo in 2001 to help HIV positive children with little chance of living. Today Lambano is said to provide full-time care for children who live with life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses at their four Forever Homes and they also have the only pediatric medical step-down and hospice facility in Gauteng.
And the Kaya FM team led by David Sullivan puts their support behind the Mohato School For Autism in Soweto, a charity that is close to David O’Sullivan’s heart as a father to an autistic son. In addition to a specially designed educational programme, the school focuses on providing the special needs children with love and care.
Meet this week’s competing teams:
Team Captain Thato Sikwane – aka DJ Fresh – is regarded as one of the legends in radio broadcasting and brings his famous belly laugh to the show.
- Radio presenter Mantsoe Tsatsi is popularly known as “Miss Pout”. Her fans enjoy her energy and she is known for her fresh and unique voice.
- Shannon Leibach is a radio personality, actor, MC and voice-over artist who admits to Mr/ Harvey that his love life is “complicated”.
- Lerato Höffele is a newsreader on DJ Fresh’s show. She is very involved in charity work and her volunteer work at Lambano led her to be voted a LeadSA Hero in March 2019.
- Buhle Madulini is a sports journalist whose rich voice and affable personality captivates audiences.
Host of the Kaya Breakfast show and team captain is David O’Sullivan.
- Radio presenter Kgomotso Matsunyane once worked as a television commissioning editor.
- Bubbly and entertaining newsreader Mbali Dlamini was born and raised in Soweto.
- Thabiso Sikwane is a radio presenter and is married to DJ Fresh. When Mr. Harvey asked her how badly she wants to beat Fresh on the game and she replied, “So badly, it’s bragging rights for life!” She added if she dies before him she wants it engraved on her coffin: “I beat Fresh on Family Feud.”
- Former SAPS clerk and now award-winning comedian Skhumba is now an actor, TV and radio presenter. He is regarded as one of the top comedians in the country.
Which charity benefits the most from the battle of the stations and which Sikwane spouse walks away victorious? Find out this Sunday 3rd May at 6 pm on e.tv on Family Feud.